Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Moment: Milk Chocolate Melting

When he asked me, there was the sly smile on his lips. Although thin as a thread but I could sense it intimidating me, daring me, challenging me to follow.

And I did, like a lost kitten towards its mother.

I missed it, walking side by side with him. There was the familiar and heartwarming scent, the languid oozing of warmth, and the silent smiles shadowed by lurid sunlight. Somehow there was gauche in the air.

Breaking the silence with small talk only to be interrupted by a shrill squeak. More hugs exchanged and we symphatised him who stood there alone, faking impatience. Perhaps it was my will, or him pulling the invisible bonding silk on my feet, I left them and followed swiftly.

To be back again is good. Normality is what we citizens crave.

With the light blue building in front against the morning sun, our chatter hushed into the fresh vibe of the breaking of day. Our short promenade tasted of milk chocolate, melting gradually in the wind and serene ambience.

No comments: