Monday, April 13, 2009

To a Friend

Clement thoughts sojourned in my head,
I was frolicking in a meadow with flowers of the brightest red.
The shaded part of soft pasture was my bed,
It served as a refuge for my daily escapade.

Your innocent smile was the clearest lake,
Those soft and beautiful eyes were never fake.
I could picture them blinking when you awake,
The curling of your lips was the only medication I'll take.

Beneath those eyes, intelligence shone,
Like a warm fire when I was cold and alone.
I flinched at your gentle and mild tone,
Because it tickled my ears when you're on the phone.

A myriad of butterflies fluttered as you spoke,
With eyes deliberately spying on every step I took.
Be my cynosure if I get lost on the road,
A gentleman like you would surely offer me your coat.

No comments: