Friday, November 9, 2007

Eden is Burning #1

She blinked her eyes at the ray of sunlight.

Climbing out of bed, she reached to the nearby drawer for her robes. She flinched as the warm water touched her skin. "Now... where did Parvati put my shampoo..." her hands searched the row of body shampoos.

After dressing herself up, she picked up the timetable on her study table. "Damn... 4 periods of Potions today," she sighed.

Is there anything more dreadful than being stuck in Professor Snape's class, with those callow Slytherins? She started to groan, then she stopped.

"Snape will be using fluxweed today. Poor Neville, he's bound to melt his cauldron again. I guess I better pair up with him," she told herself whilst playing with her curls.

It only took her 3 minutes to reach the Great Hall. Dumbledore always gave her a warm smile every morning. This daily routine was not excluded today, except it was more of a grin than a smile.

She took out her parchment on Divination and started checking it. Engrossed in her own handwriting, she did not realise the pair of cold, grey eyes prying on her.

He was the early bird on the Slytherin table.

"Homework on the breakfast table... never underestimate a mudblood," he whispered to himself. "Never thought the mudblood could style her hair," he recalled how bushy and dry her hair was when they were both First Years.

He smirked, "Hmm... it seems Granger is more edible than Parkinson." He emptied his glass of pumpkin juice, "But she's still a mudblood, such a pity." He took his books and walked towards the exit.

"What's this... oh, Merlin! How could I make such a mistake?!" she erased the mistake and searched for her quill but found nothing. She searched the table and under it. A scant white object caught her eyes and she found her quill resting on the floor near the entrance.

Her hands reached out to grab it when suddenly a shiny black shoe stepped on it.

"Excuse me, could you..." she locked gaze with the owner of the shiny black shoe, "Malfoy?"

"Could I what, Granger?"

"Well... can you move your shiny black... I mean, move your leg? You stepped on my quill," her cheeks burned when she mentioned his shoe.

"And why should I do that?" amused by her flustered cheeks, he leaned down until their eyes were at the same level.

A slight tremor ran down her spine as she looked at his eyes. They were like sharp daggers that pierced through her, as if they were able to read her mind. She felt naked.

He raised an eyebrow when she did not reply, "Loss for words, Granger?"

Hauled back to reality, she shook her head, trying to denude the image of his eyes that were embedded in her head.

"You're not mesmerised, are you?" he smirked as he recalled how she stared at him.

"Of course not..." still blushing, her tongue gave no mercy, "I don't fancy ferrets, nor do I talk to ferrets."

She realised his brows furrowed and changed the subject crisply, "If you don't let me have my quill, we'll both be late for Potions. And you know what Snape does to late comers."

"Hmm... you've got a point here. Anyway, I have my reasons to be late," a smug appeared on his pale face.

"What reason?"

"I shall tell Snape that a mudblood was in my way."

She clenched her fists and scowled, "I'll hex you if I have the chance," she whispered under her breath.

"Hermione!! We've got to go now," someone called. As she turned around to the source of the voice, he grabbed the quill and walked out of the Great Hall on graceful steps.

"Hey!! My quill! Come back here, Malfoy!" she chased after him. His steps were swift even though he was walking nonchalantly.

"If you want it back, follow me," he called out and disappeared behind a corner.

She found herself at the verge of a long corridor. She walked towards where he disappeared to and saw a door.

Hermione should...
follow Draco into the room and retrieve her quill
stand outside the door and ask Draco to kindly return her quill
forget about the quill and go to Potions
pollcode.com free polls

No comments: