Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Eden is Burning #2

"Ugh... nevermind, I'll borrow Harry's," she gave up.

Before she left the corridor, she heard his voice, "Thought you wouldn't give up so easily, mudblood."

It was faint, very far away. She couldn't clearly hear what he was saying, but the word 'mudblood' was crystal clear in her ears.

"Fine," she told herself, "there are certain things I need not waste time on," and went straight to Potions.

Fortunately, she was just in time. Neville's face turned bright red when she sat down beside him, offering him her help throughout the lesson.

"Gee... thanks, Hermione. You know... you don't need to..." Neville stammered, still blushing.

She smiled politely, "Hey, what are friends for?"

Yes, a friend stop their friend from reducing the house's marks further, she thought to herself.

Silence shrouded the class abruptly as the Potions Master walked in. His glanced at all his students crisply and turned to the blackboard, writing down notes. He didn't notice the empty seat beside Crabbe and Goyle. Even if he did, he wouldn't question about it.

"Let's concentrate on the colour changing potions today. For your OWLS......"

She stole a glance at the Slytherins and noticed his absence. Did he lost his way? Questions after questions about him.

"Ms. Granger, will you tell us about the four uses of dragon's blood in this field?"

Oh Merlin, he'd better not be playing with Buckbeak.

"Ms. Granger?"

If he get's himself hurt, he'll surely blame it on me.

"Ms. Granger, can you answer--"

"That bastard!" she groaned.

The Slytherins snickered when they heard her strident protest. Some of the Gryffindors suppressed a soft chuckle.

But the Potions Master's face was stern.

"Yes, Ms. Granger. Can you answer that bastard?"

Red-faced, she stammered, "Oh err... colour changing potions... ingredients included... fluxweed and dragon's blood... and the spell... the combination--"

"100 points from Gryffindor!" his voice shook the classroom, "let that be a lesson for those who dislike that bastard."

She buried her face in her hands, feeling the blood gushing upwards to her cheeks and her head. Her cheeks were burning from embarassment as the Slytherins continued to make fun of 'that bastard' after class.

Usually, she was the first one to leave the class for the library. But today, she stayed until the last laughing Slytherin left. "I should perform the Killing Curse on myself," she whispered.

"I thought I should have the honour of doing that," a voice she hated called from behind her.

"Get lost, Malfoy."

"Why? Because I'm a bastard?" he asked, amusingly.

She took her books and headed for the door and gave him a rancorous glare when he stood in her way.

"Sod off, Malfoy."

"I will after my business here is done."

"What do you want?"

"Dumbledore wants both of us in his office, now."

"And why should I buy this story of yours?"

"Because of this," he presented her with a letter. She snatched it from his hand and read it.

He leaned against the door, arms folded, looking down the corridor.

Her jaw dropped, "I'm... promoted as... Head Girl?!" He shrugged, "Which means truce."

"Excuse me?"

"Truce, me and you."

"I beg your pardon, we never had a war. Well, animosity, if you have to put it this way. Besides, you're the one who's been bugging me ever since our First Year."

He nodded.

"Anyway, why did you proposed that?"

He showed her another letter, a one similar to hers. She gasped, covering her mouth with both her hands.

"Surprise, isn't it? We'll be sharing the same bloody room."

"What in Merlin's name... it's not like I'm going to hex you when you're sleeping. Wait, will you hex me when I'm sleeping?"

He rolled his eyes, "I don't need to. Considering the fact that you think I'm the most evil person to walk on earth, I could kill you here and now."

She flinched.

"Alright, back to business," he waved his hand and the door locked, the windows shut tight.

Staring at him, she paced a few feet backwards, "What are you doing, Malfoy?"

"Business," he walked towards her like a predator towards its prey.

Her back touched the cold stone wall and realised that she was cornered. He placed both his hands against the wall, touching her shoulders. Her heartbeat rate increased when she felt his chest.

Which do you prefer to happen?
She struggles but he...
She stood frozen and helpless and he...
pollcode.com free polls

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?